专业发展 & 反馈
Campus roles at Barnard are meant to help students develop transferable skills for their careers. bet8网页登录 partners with supervisors across campus to provide access to professional development programs throughout the semester to help students take a step back from their role and think intentionally about the skills that they are — or want to be — developing.
学生们收到 正常时薪 for attendance at live workshops or for watching asynchronous recordings if they cannot attend the sessions. 学生 sign up to attend sessions in Handshake and enter regular timesheets in Workday to earn compensation.
Previous Paid 专业发展 项目
- Future You: taking the next step from your campus role
- Email and Communication in the Workplace
- Defining Your Professional Identity
- Exploring your Transferable Skills
bet8网页登录 welcomes regular feedback from students working in campus roles. 每学期, students working in campus roles are invited to attend roundtable discussions about pertinent issues related to working at Barnard. Issues discussed have included the availability of opportunities, 角色补偿, professional development training session topics, 和更多的.
bet8网页登录 also has begun to distribute semesterly feedback surveys to students to collect data about the student experience of campus roles and respond to students' evolving needs.
In response to this feedback, bet8网页登录 has:
- Raised the minimum wage on campus to $16/hour in Fall 2023. Minimum wage at Barnard will increase to $17/hour in Fall 2024 and to $18/hour in Fall 2025
- Standardized compensation grades in partnership with supervisors. Final grades will be released in Fall 2023
- Partnered with supervisors to standardize wage increases for student workers: students working in a particular role for one year now earn a standard minimum increase of $0.每小时50元.
- Made recordings of professional development events available to students working in campus roles (to ensure compensation in cases where students cannot attend live sessions).
If you have feedback about your campus role, or would like to join the conversation, email firstname.lastname@example.org!